First-Year 1878 Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar Coin
Rare first-year 1878 Morgan Silver Dollar Coin minted at Nevada's Carson City Mint. 90% silver, arrives in clear holder with Deluxe Display Box.
Display box measures 3-3/4" W x 1-7/8" H x 4-5/8" D
From Bradford Authenticated
- $279.00 US
- $9.00 US
There's an enormous amount of history packed into every genuine Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar coin. Nevada's Carson City Mint was established in the mid 1800s at the peak of the silver rush, specifically to facilitate minting of silver coins from the nearby Comstock Lode. Among them was the fabled "Coin of the Wild West," the Morgan Silver Dollar. Less than 2% of Morgans were minted at the Carson City Mint; those struck in 1878, the first year of issue, are particularly scarce. But now you can claim a genuine 1878 Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar coin for your collection!
A Bradford Exchange Mint exclusive presentation, this 90% pure silver coin is secured in a crystal-clear, tamper-proof holder and arrives in a handsome mahogany-finished Deluxe Display Box with gleaming title plaque, specially designed to protect and showcase your Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar for years to come. You can easily view the obverse side featuring the year 1878 and George T. Morgan's famous portrait of Liberty, as well as the reverse side's symbolic eagle with arrows and olive branch, and the "CC" mint mark of the Carson City Mint. This important collectible coin is expected to draw tremendous demand from collectors, so don't wait to secure yours. Order now!
- Own the first Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar, minted in 1878, in an exclusive presentation available only from The Bradford Exchange Mint
- This highly-coveted "Coin of the Wild West" is minted in 90% pure silver directly from the fabled Comstock Lode in Nevada
- Your 1878 Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar arrives secured in a crystal-clear, tamper proof holder for viewing from both sides
- The obverse features the year 1878 and George T. Morgan's famous portrait of Liberty, modeled off a young Philadelphia schoolteacher who became known as the "Silver Dollar Girl"
- The reverse side is graced by the distinctive "CC" mint mark of the Carson City Mint and features the iconic portrait of an eagle holding arrows and an olive branch, symbolizing strength as well as the desire for peace
- A mahogany-finished Deluxe Display Box with a gleaming title plaque both shows off and protects your rare treasure
- A once-in-a-lifetime coin collecting opportunity, full of historical significance and potential value, so order now
- Display box measures 3-3/4" W x 1-7/8" H x 4-5/8" D; 9.8 cm W x 4.8 cm H x 11.7 cm D
©2012 The Bradford Exchange