The FIRST modern commemorative coin struck in genuine 90% silver since 1954. In tamper-proof holder with deluxe display box and historic booklet.
Display case measures approximately 11-1/2" L x 2" H x 4" D
- $129.00 US
- $9.00 US
In the 1980s, commemorative U.S. coins were becoming just a shining memory - until a milestone of historic proportions was worthy enough of such a revered tribute: the 250th anniversary of George Washington's birth. Now, commemorate a new era in American coinage with the 1982 George Washington Silver Half Dollar, the the FIRST modern silver commemorative coin struck in 90% silver since 1954. Issued in Brilliant Proof Finish with a brilliant, mirror-like surface and exceptionally sharp, high-relief details, this superb George Washington Half Dollar Coin is now available in a special presentation ONLY from The Bradford Exchange Mint.
This important silver half dollar coin is preserved and protected in a tamper-proof, crystal-clear holder which showcases both the obverse and reverse sides. Plus, this George Washington Silver Half Dollar Coin arrives in a handsome mahogany-finished Deluxe Display Box with a gleaming title plaque, accompanied with a custom booklet recalling George Washington's achievements. This museum-quality commemorative coin is a must-have for coin collectors and history buffs. And because the coin was produced in limited quantities and even fewer were struck in Proof Finish, strong demand is expected. Don't miss your chance to own a piece of history - order now!
- Own the First Modern Silver Commemorative Coin, The 1982 George Washington Silver Half Dollar Coin in a special presentation, ONLY from The Bradford Exchange Mint
- Minted in 1982 to commemorate the 250th anniversary of George Washington's birth and issued in Brilliant Proof Finish with a gleaming, mirror-like surface and exceptionally sharp, high-relief details
- Minted in 90% the obverse displays the "S" mintmark of the San Francisco Mint along with Chief Engraver Elizabeth Jones' portrait of Washington in military uniform on horseback, while the reverse showcases Washington's beloved home, Mount Vernon with a crest of the American Eagle underneath
- Arrives in a tamper-proof, crystal-clear holder that allows you to view both sides of this historic coin
- Includes a fascinating, custom booklet recalling George Washington's achievements
- Included FREE! A handsome Deluxe Display Box is included with your silver half dollar coin, boasting a rich mahogany finish and gleaming silvery title plaque worthy of showcasing in your treasured coin collection
- A once-in-a-lifetime coin collecting opportunity, full of historical significance and potential value, so order now!
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Display case measures approximately 11-1/2" L x 2" H x 4" D; 29.2 cm L x 5.1 cm H x 10.2 cm D
©2013 The Bradford Exchange Mint