The first U.S. $2.50 Indian Head coin struck in sunken relief. Rare minting from 1908. 90% pure gold. In clear holder with wooden display box.
Display box measures 3-3/4" W x 1-7/8" H x 4-5/8" D
From Bradford Authenticated
- $799.00 US
- $9.00 US
When it premiered in 1908, designer Bela Lyon Pratt's $2.50 Indian Head Gold Piece immediately sparked controversy. Many loved its 90% pure gold glory, but many objected to the use of incuse stamping (images sunken into the surface of the coin). Many have long been lost, but now The First Sunken Relief U.S. $2.50 Coin can be yours in a rare collecting opportunity. This coveted $2.50 coin was only minted until World War I interrupted production in 1915. It resumed in 1929, only to end forever with the Great Depression. Collectors and history buffs alike will want to bring home this coveted $2.50 sunken relief gold coin in a collector's presentation that is ONLY available from The Bradford Exchange Mint.
The First Sunken Relief U.S. $2.50 Coin will arrive secured in a crystal-clear, tamper-proof holder with a handsome mahogany-finished deluxe wooden display box with a gleaming title plaque, specially designed to protect and showcase your coin for years to come. This magnificent coin's obverse side showcases a striking Native American in profile with a feather headdress, while the proud American eagle graces the reverse side, both captured in beautiful sunken relief. Minted in very small quantities, this rare $2.50 coin is truly becoming scarce, so don't miss your opportunity to claim a piece of coin collecting history. Order now!
- Own The First Sunken Relief U.S. $2.50 Coin, minted in 1908 and available in a custom collector's presentation available ONLY from The Bradford Exchange Mint
- This highly sought after, and originally controversial, $2.50 coin is magnificent in 90% pure gold
- Your sunken relief coin arrives secured in a crystal-clear, tamper-proof holder, ideal for viewing both the obverse and reverse sides
- Showcases designer Bela Lyon Pratt's portrait of a Native American in a feather headdress on the obverse side, while the reverse side is graced with the icon American eagle, both stamped in glorious incuse
- A mahogany-finished deluxe wooden display box with a silvery title plaque both shows off and protects your rare treasure
- A once-in-a-lifetime coin collecting opportunity, full of historical significance and potential value, so order now!
- Display box measures 3-3/4" W x 1-7/8" H x 4-5/8" D; 9.5 cm W x 4.8 cm H x 11.7 cm D
- Buy This Item Now:
- The First Sunken Relief U.S. $2.50 Coin: 1908 Minting
The First Sunken Relief U.S. $2.50 Coin Is a Must Have! 1908 $2.50 Sunken Relief Coin Includes a Deluxe Wooden Display Box!
- Item no:
- $799.00 US
- $9.00 US
©2013 The Bradford Exchange