The Giant "Horse Blanket" $1 Black Eagle Silver Certificate
A coveted Series 1899 $1 Black Eagle Silver Certificate with blue treasury seal, Presidents Lincoln and Grant on obverse. Clear protective sleeve.
From Bradford Authenticated
- $249.00 US
- $9.00 US
U.S. currency printed before 1928 is often referred to as "Horseblankets" or "Saddleblankets" due to their large size - almost one third larger than bills today. One of the most coveted is the Series 1899 $1 Black Eagle Silver Certificate, now available in an exclusive collector's presentation from The Bradford Exchange Mint. Over a century old and unique in being the only example of U.S. currency to feature two presidents, this fascinating $1 note is a fascinating and valuable piece of American history.
The obverse of this blue seal dollar bill design showcases an iconic eagle in black ink with wings spread, sheltering Civil War heroes and Presidents Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant. It bears a blue seal and serial number. The reverse features ornate scrollwork. These $1 Silver Certificates were redeemable for silver dollars or silver bullion up until 1964, so they have become scarce. Your $1 Silver Certificate arrives secured within a crystal-clear currency sleeve. Strong demand is expected, so don't miss this opportunity to own a rare, coveted Black Eagle Silver Certificate - order now!
- Claim a rare piece of American history with The Giant Horse Blanket $1 Black Eagle Note Currency, available in a custom presentation exclusively from The Bradford Exchange Mint
- Bearing the blue treasury seal and serial number of the Silver Certificates that were redeemable for silver dollars or bullion up until 1964, this Series 1899 blue seal dollar bill is a rare and coveted $1 note
- The only example of U.S. currency with two presidents, this $1 note's obverse features Presidents Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant beneath an iconic eagle in black ink
- Coveted Silver Certificate design features ornate scrollwork on the reverse
- Arrives in a crystal clear protective currency sleeve to preserve your over-a-century-old Black Eagle Silver Certificate
- A once-in-a-lifetime collecting opportunity, full of historical significance and potential value, so order now!
©2014 The Bradford Exchange