Rare 1936 90% silver half dollar minted for 75th anniversary of Gettysburg battle. Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Holder and FREE display box.
Display case measures 3-7/8" W x 4-5/8" L x 1-7/8" H
From Bradford Authenticated
- $999.00 US
- $9.00 US
The Battle of Gettysburg was a pivotal event in the Civil War and our nation's history. To commemorate the battle's 75th anniversary and to help fund a "Blue and Gray Reunion" for surviving veterans, Congress authorized the Gettysburg Silver Half Dollar Coin in 1936. Only 50,000 of this unique Gettysburg coin were struck, and while many remained unsold, 23,100 of the coins were returned to the mint for melting. The Bradford Exchange Mint, is proud to offer you the chance to secure one of these scarce historic treasures in Brilliant Uncirculated condition, available now in this exclusive presentation.
This rare Brilliant Uncirculated Silver Half Dollar was minted in gleaming 90% silver and showcases Frank Vittor's landmark design with profiles of both Confederate and Union soldiers on the obverse side, and Confederate and Union shields on the reverse. Minted in 1937, with the date of 1936, the Gettysburg Silver Half Dollar commemorates the anniversary event that took place in 1938, making it a must-have for collectors and history buffs. It even arrives with a Deluxe Display Box and tamper proof holder, yours FREE with the purchase. Strong demand is expected for this important find, so don't wait to secure yours. Order now!
- Own a Brilliant Uncirculated 1936 Gettysburg Silver Half Dollar Coin in a presentation available ONLY from The Bradford Exchange Mint
- Struck to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and help fund a "Blue and Gray Reunion" for veterans, many of this Brilliant Uncirculated Silver Half Dollar coin were lost due to limited minting and meltdowns, making it a rare treasure of historic value
- This scarce Gettysburg coin is minted in gleaming 90% genuine silver and offered in Brilliant Uncirculated condition
- Showcases Frank Vittor's design of both a Confederate and Union soldier on the obverse side and Confederate and Union shields on the reverse
- Your 1936 Gettysburg Silver Half Dollar Coin arrives sealed in a crystal-clear tamper-proof holder to ensure the safety and security of your treasure, and for convenient viewing of both the obverse and reverse sides
- A custom, museum-quality Deluxe Display Box is also included with your coin, yours FREE
- A once-in-a-lifetime coin collecting opportunity, full of historical significance and potential value, so order now!
- Display case measures 3-7/8" W x 4-5/8" L x 1-7/8" H; 9.8 cm W x 11.7 cm L x 4.8 cm H
©2014 The Bradford Exchange