Working HO-scale train cars capture the armored technology of the Civil War. Created from detailed schematics of actual armored cars.
Complete oval track measures 38" x 47"; display measures 27" L
From Hawthorne Village
- $79.99 US
- $9.99 US
In 1862, the groundbreaking water battle between the Monitor and the Merrimac ushered in a new age of technological warfare. It was only a matter of time before such impressive prowess on the water would make its way to land. The Bradford Exchange, Hawthorne Village Division is proud to introduce the Civil War Armored Train Collection, a fascinating way to explore the innovations in military technology that brought the War Between the States into the 19th Century. This impressive history lesson begins with Issue One, the Locomotive and Tender. Soon, your collection will continue with Issue Two, Rail Battery Car, followed by Issue Three, the 14-piece HO gauge track set, power pack and speed controller, and Issue Four, Rail Monitor One. Additional issues featuring more HO-scale armored train cars will follow.‡
Each of the real-working heirloom-quality train cars in your collection is created from detailed schematics of actual armored cars of the era, and runs on any HO gauge track. Don't miss this magnificently crafted collectible tribute to a new era in military strategy, sure to be the centerpiece of any Civil War buff's collection. Order now!
- An HO-scale train collection celebrating the innovative Civil War-era technology of the military armored car, available only from The Bradford Exchange, Hawthorne Village Division
- Each real-working heirloom-quality car in the Civil War Armored Train Collection can run on any HO gauge track
- Collectible HO-scale train cars are crafted of only the finest materials and carefully researched for the ultimate in historical accuracy
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Individual train cars are HO-scale, and run on any HO gauge track
- Reserve the Civil War Armored Train Collection from The Bradford Exchange in your name so you never risk an increase on the price of other collectibles in this collection
- ‡Each issue will be shipped to your for your review, about one every month or two (pending availability), at the same low issue price and charged to the credit card on which your order was placed. No need to order each one separately
- You may cancel your collection at any time with no obligation
- "Issue One - the Locomotive and Tender" will be followed by "Issue Two - Rail Battery Car," "Issue Three - 14-piece track set, power pack and speed controller," "Issue Four - Rail Monitor One," and additional issues of collectible armored train cars as they become available